Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween 2014

We had a fun week of Halloween celebrations. My racecar driver costume came from grandma Ali and I was so excited! Mommy thinks I make the cutest racecar driver! It fit perfectly and also match my new Nike runners!

 
 
On Saturday before Halloween, we went to our ward Trunk or Treat. Charlotte came with us this year and we had a lot of fun. We always have such great decorations and lots of food. We had hot dogs, chili and corn bread. There were also lots of yummy desserts. We sat right by the stage and the "runway" and Charlotte and I walked in the costume fashion show. It ended up being so rainy that we did the trick or treating inside. We just walked around to all the tables and got lots of candy!


On Sunday after church grandpa, mommy and I went to Spooktacular at mommy's work. It was fun because grandpa finally got to see where mommy works. We got there right when it started to we didn't have to wait very long to go through Discovery Bay which was all pirate themed. They had three different rooms set up and we got to spend about 5-10 minutes in each room. The first was the treasure room where we dug for treasure in sandboxes. Then we went to a room where there were balance beams to "walk the plank" and an area with balls and brooms to play hockey or "swab the deck." the last room was a little show with Captain hook and Jake. We went around to check out the other areas of the club. We went to the pavilion to do all the bouncy houses and there was also a track set up to race little pedal cars. I stayed there for awhile and had lots of fun! We then went to the room where there was laser tag and mommy and I had lots of fun playing. The laser guns were pretty big for me but I had fun running around and shooting. We went to another area with other little stations set up like mini golf and face painting. We tried mini golf but the cup/holes were hard to play with and then we waited for a long time to get my face painted. It was started to get super crowded so we decided to head out. We walked past Discovery Bay on our way and the line was so long! Easily an hour it looked like. Longer than the rides at Disneyland! Even though we had fun, we don't think it was worth that long of wait. So now we know to go right when it begins again next year!



This year was my first year to really go Trick or Treating. We went to Lydia's house for yummy dinner and trick or treating with friends. They live in a great neighborhood where a lot of houses go all out. Lots of fun decorated houses and lots of candy! There were a couple houses that were super scary but I actually liked it! Mommy reminded me that it was silly scary just like the haunted mansion at Disneyland. Roxy was super sweet and let me tag along with her while trick or treating. I had so much fun with her and all my friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment