Tuesday, September 30, 2014

DIsneyland 2014 - Day 4

Tuesday, September 30th

We were excited for Tuesday because we had tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party! The party started at 6pm but we could enter the park at 3pm. We were looking forward to sleeping in a bit spending the morning at the pool! The pool at the Disneyland Hotel was so much fun! The pool opened at 10am and the slides opened at 11am. We played in the big pool and the shallow/fountain area for awhile and then hung out in the hot tub. Grandpa was such a good sport and swam with me. Mommy mostly hung out in the hot tub! When the slides opened, mommy went with me up to the slides. I started with the little mini slides which were fun and slowly worked my way up to the monorail slide. Mommy walked up the stairs with me and grandpa waited at the bottom. It was perfect because the shorter slide ended into a shallow area so I could all by myself. It was perfect for me. It took me a couple runs to feel comfortable and to climb up the stairs by myself but after a few slides, I knew exactly what to do. It was so much fun! I went down a bunch of times and we mostly had the pool and slides to ourselves! After quite a few rides down the slide, I ended up getting turned over on my tummy while sliding down and got a little scared. I still wanted to stay and play on the little slides and in the water spouts but it was getting time to go anyways so mommy and grandpa bribed me with going to the Lego Store if I went and got showered up. So while mommy showered and got ready for the rest of our day, grandpa took me to Downtown Disney for lunch and a trip to the Lego Store.








We headed to Disneyland and brought our Halloween Costumes to change into later at 6pm. Since we were getting a stroller again, we could pack extra stuff with us! We got to the gates a little early so we could enter right at 3pm. When we first got to the park, we saw Goofy and it was so fun to meet him! It completed the whole Fab Five group, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy! We can't quite remember how we spent our first 3 hours at the park that day, we probably rode the Train at some point and I know we ended up in Tomorrowland. We rode the rocket ship ride that's similar to Dumbo but our favorite ride of the day was Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters! It's a fun dark-style ride that has laser guns you shoot at targets and score points. We rode it a couple times since there was hardly a line and mommy and grandpa took turns riding with me. At 6pm, everyone who didn't have Halloween event tickets had to leave the park and they started the trick or treating and special character greetings. I changed into my Halloween costume and I was glad the sun was going down since it was my furry, black skunk costume and I was going to over heat! My racecar driver costume from Grandma Ali didn't come in time for our trip so we were happy that my skunk costume fit for one final year! We did a couple trick or treating stops and it was fun because they did give out handfuls of candy at each spot but it was kinda crowded and slow moving. We decided to skip some of the other candy stops and get in line to meet Mickey and Minnie in their Halloween costumes. The line was crazy long and we realized that we should have headed to get our picture with them first instead of trying the Trick or Treating. Oh well, live and learn! About halfway through the line, mommy decided to leave and get a good seat for Mickey's Halloween Cavalcade. It was fun seeing Mickey and Minnie and we're glad we got my picture with them. Grandpa and I also stopped by and met Woody!















We met up with mommy before the parade and we had a perfect spot! The parade was fun and it was fun seeing all the characters dressed up for Halloween. After the parade, we left mom to stake out a perfect spot for the firework show. Since we pretty much missed the one the first night, mommy really wanted to have a great view of the special Halloween fireworks. Since it was still awhile away, grandpa took me to ride a few rides while mom kept the stroller and saved our place. Mommy was getting super nervous because it was getting really close to the firework show (like 5 minutes) and super crowded and we still hadn't showed up yet! Mom kept scanning the crowd looking for us and finally spotted us. We took so long because grandpa decided to stop for dinner and had a tray of tons of food! Mommy still doesn't know how he carried the tray and kept track of me. There was even a cast member that had to help grandpa and me get to mommy. He had to guide them through the crowd! Mommy thought grandpa was crazy but was actually happy he stopped for food, the hamburger was really delicious. Definitely expensive but it was the best meal we probably had at Disneyland. The firework show was so good! Very impressive and exciting. Mommy is glad she saved such a great spot, we had a perfect view! After the fireworks, we spent most of our time left before park closing in tomorrowland. We rode Finding Nemo and Autopia again. We didn't stay all the way to closing since we had such a early start the next morning.









No comments:

Post a Comment