Monday, September 29, 2014

Disneyland 2014 - Day 3

September 29th

We were super excited for Monday. Disneyland all day, from open to close! The park didn't open until 10am but we wanted to be there for when the gates opened. We got to the gates around 9:15 or so and got in line. Thankfully it wasn't too crowded yet, being a Monday at the beginning of the school year. We waited about a half hour until the opened the gates into the park. There is then a rope hung across at the central hub at the end of Main street, by the castle. We made our way right up front and right at 10am they dropped the rope. It was pretty fun and exciting to be there for a rope-drop! We ran straight to Peter Pan's Flight. There is always an outrageously long line, like 60-90 minutes all the time. We still had to wait about 20 minutes. It is a really fun dark ride, well done and a classic but it is such a short ride, like 2 minutes maybe! We were so glad we chose to do it first thing in the morning and didn't waste more time waiting in line for that ride. But we are happy we didn't skip it completely. We spent some time in Fantasyland doing some other rides we've passed over, like Alice in Wonderland and Snow White. We also rode on the tea cups again. We also wanted to go to Toon Town as soon as it opened. It always opens up about and hour later then the rest of the park. We hopped on the Disneyland train to ride a loop around the park and we got off at the stop near Toon Town right after it opened. We went straight to the Gadget Coaster and there was no line! It's the only roller coaster ride I was tall enough for and I loved it! Its short but fairly speedy with some fun drops and turns. It's a short ride, too, but there was no line so we rode it 4 or 5 times in a row! I walked around Toon Town with Grandpa while mom ran to grab a mid-morning snack. Our favorite snack during our trip were the Mickey Mouse pretzels and the minute frozen lemonade. Yummy! We weren't the most efficient with our walking and ride planning. And I can't quite remember how we spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon. After a couple rides in one area, we would decided to walk across to park to ride a couple somewhere else, and then we decide we'd want to go back and ride some same rides again and then we'd go back again! Or mommy and granpa would ask what ride I'd want to ride and it would be at the opposite end of the park but we'd walk over there. As our trip went on, I started to ask to be held more and more and more. By Monday afternoon, I was spending most of our walking time on grandpa's shoulders. He was sure a good sport! After Toon Town, we probably headed over to Adventure Land to ride Pirates and The Haunted Mansion. I know we did end up Tomorrowland around 12:30 or so. We rode a couple rides and made sure we rode the Finding Nemo Submarines, it just opened after a long refurbishment. Mom snuck away to ride Space Mountain while Grandpa took me to ride Autopia. After that, around 1:30, we were hungry for lunch and I was getting tired. We decided to head back to the hotel like we did the day before because it worked out so well. Grandpa left to grab mom another Earl's sandwich while she tried to put me down for a nap. Unfortunately, I didn't sleep and mom was sad we were missing time we could be in the park. So grandpa came up with the grand idea of getting a stroller!! That ways we can keep going and if I fell asleep, then I fell asleep and mommy and grandpa could just eat or people watch. That wraps up the first half of our day!


 
We headed back to Disneyland and while grandpa went to rent a stroller, mommy and I were able to meet Belle from Beauty and the Beast! She's so pretty! I was quite content riding in the stroller for awhile so we took it easy and just strolled down main street. Mommy bought us each Mickey Mouse Ears and we took advantage of some photo ops.  Then we headed back to Fantasyland and rose the Tea Cups and the Casey Jr. Train. I've loved Casey Jr. ever since we watched Dumbo and the special train short the dvd has. We walked over to Critter County to ride the Winnie the Pooh ride and we also got to see both Tigger and Pooh. It was so nice because there wasn't really any line so we got to spend lots of time with both characters. Tigger even played peek-a-boo with me!
 
















 
We made our way over to meet the princesses. I really love Snow White and mommy thought it would be fun to meet her. None of us have ever done the princess met and greet and didn't know how it really worked. Looking back, we probably wouldn't invest that much time again (unless someone is super set on it seeing them). We got in what looked like a fairly reasonable line but it turned out to be about an hour! I guess they only let one family in at a time so they can spend time with each of the three princesses. Grandpa took me to walk around a bit while mom stayed in line. We already waited a while so we didn't want to get out of line completely. Even though it was a long wait, it really was a nice experience. Mommy really loved seeing how I interacted with each princess. I was a little shy but you could tell I was loving the attention! I loved Snow White and mommy really love Ariel. She was so sweet and so pretty!
 







 
After visiting the princesses, we took a little shortcut towards Frontier land and came across a Mexican food restaurant and we grabbed dinner. I actually ate really good and it was fun because we sat right my Thunder Mountain Railroad. It was another ride that I was too short to go on but I love trains and it was fun watch the train cars whiz by. Once sun was setting, mommy didn't take as many pictures. Looking through pictures has been the best way to recall what we did when and in what order. So after dinner, we can't quite remember what we did! It was probably around 5pm and the park was closing at 8pm. We were over near Louisiana Square/Adventure Land so I'm sure we went to rode Pirates and Haunted Mansion. I know we headed back towards Toon Town and rode It's a Small World. We're glad we rode it since it's a classic and It's always pretty when lit up at night but mommy remembered that she has never been a big fan. It's really long and slow, thankfully there was no line! (we remember seeing it the next day and the line was crazy long, glad we didn't wait that long for it!) We ended our day in Toon Town. We rode the Gadget Coaster about 3-4 more times and Roger Rabbit's cartoon spin twice. There were no lines at all! It was fun to ride over and over right up until closing! The main street shops stay open after the rides shut down so we went to the Ice Cream Parlor on our way out of the park. Yummy! I was so tired that I fell asleep while grandpa carried me back to the hotel. I even slept through getting changed into jammies!


No comments:

Post a Comment