Saturday, May 23, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend Train Ride

Mommy had a three day weekend because of memorial day and she wanted to do something really special with me on Saturday. We've been by the Snoqualmie Train Depot a couple times this spring and she knew how much I would love to go on a train ride. She looked up the train ride times and she saw that on holiday weekends they have a steam engine ride! Normally its just a diesel train. So she was so excited to take me. She kept it a secret until about an hour before we left and I was so surprised and so excited! I couldn't wait to go, I was so happy! Mommy and I had such a wonderful time together! We had so much fun waiting for the train and it was so special. We had lots of time together before and during our train ride to talk and be silly and snuggle. I really enjoyed being on the train! I loved giving our tickets to the conductor to punch and hearing the train whistle (it was so loud!) and hearing the steam engine chug along. For most of the ride, I hung my head out the window and just watched as everything went by. I was so happy! On our way home, we drove through North Bend and got lunch at Scott's Diary Freeze. Mommy got a hamburger and I hot a hotdog and we shared a yummy chocolate shake! MMM! We had such a fun and special day together! I always love special dates with mommy but when it includes a train ride, I don't think it can get any better!

































We took the rest of the weekend easy and spent most of Sunday and Monday at home. We took time to remember why we really celebrate Memorial Day and I helped grandpa put out our little American flags around our yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment