Sunday, April 12, 2015

Spring Break 2015

We had so much fun this Spring Break! Mommy had the whole week off and we did so many fun things! The weather didn't quite cooperate during the first part week but mommy still wanted to go do some things we've never done before. Monday was rainy and mommy babysat for a little so we didn't do much. On Tuesday, we went to ride my bike around Greenlake. It was chilly and it rained here and there but we had a good time. And I made it all away around the lake on my bike! That's 3 miles! I was getting a little tired and cranky because I fell at the very end. I really wanted to stay and play on the playground but Mommy was cold and tired also so she said if we went home and I took a nap, we would go to the mall in the afternoon for frozen yogurt and to go to the Lego store. I got to buy my first "big boy" Lego set and that evening we built my pirate set I picked out. We also got out uncle Sam's bucket of old Legos to play with. What a fun and busy day!





On Wednesday, we decided to go to the Ballard Locks! It wasn't raining (yay!) and the sun came out by the time we drove into Seattle. It was beautiful! We had so much fun and I really enjoyed the boats! Right when we got there, we saw boats going through the locks and it was really exciting. As we were watching, we also heard a train coming and it passed by over the train trestle! That was super exciting! And the train was so long, it just kept going! We walked over closer to the train trestle and spent some time eating a snack on the hill. As we walked back, we got to see another group of boats going through the locks. One sail boat had a super tall mast so they had to open the train trestle on the other side to let it through. We got to see so many great things on our trip! We also stopped by Hotcakes in Ballard for yummy cookies on our way home!







We were looking forward to Thursday because the weather was supposed to be warm and sunny and we planned a fun hike with Grandpa Dick. Alyssa and the girls came with us and we had a wonderful time! It was a little chilly at the trail head near Snoqualmie Pass but it was still sunny and we knew we'd warm up while we hiked. The trail was muddy and there was even quite a bit of snow along the trail. Siena and I had so much fun walking through the snow and making snowballs! We got to Denny Creek and we had to cross the river to get to the big flat rock slides. We were so grateful to have Alyssa with us! She was a pro at crossing the river and balancing and getting us all across, even Grandpa Dick! We had such a fun time playing on the rocks and throwing rocks into a pool. We can't wait to go back during the summer! When it will be super warm and we can play in the water! On our way home, we went with grandpa Dick to Scotts Dairy Freeze and got yummy hamburgers and milkshakes!


















On Friday, I went to Daddy's house for Aunt Toni's birthday and to sleep over. I always have fun at daddy's house playing with my toys and playing outside. I also love sleeping in my Mickey Mouse bed. We also had yummy dinner and birthday cupcakes!

We can't quite remember what we did the last weekend of spring break. Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures from then so it's hard to remember what happened! I waited too long to write this post so it's all a blur. What I do know is that we had such a great Spring Break and did lots of fun new things we haven't done before!

No comments:

Post a Comment