Sunday, September 28, 2014

Disneyland 2014 - Day 2


Sunday, September 28th

We started our morning at California Adventure. Grandpa has never been there before and mom was super excited for us to see Cars Land. Cars Land wasn't at California Adventure when mommy was last there. We got to the Park when it opened and we saw Mickey Mouse right away!




 
 
We headed straight to Cars Land after our visit with Mickey and walked right onto Mater's Junkyard Jamboree! No line! It was really fun and I had a blast! We rode it a couple times since there was no line!
 


 
We then wanted to check out the rest of Cars Land and we were in the right place and exactly the right time! Just as Mater drove away (we were sad we just missed him) Lightening McQueen drove right up and I was the first in line to see him! There was no way the day could get any better after! It was a dream come true! The real, live, talking driving Lightening McQueen! He even wished me a happy birthday! 



 
After seeing Lightening, we went to Flo's for breakfast. We sat outside and got a good view of the Radiator Racers ride. It was fun to watch! I can't wait until our next trip when I'm tall enough for all the 40-inch rides! We enjoyed our yummy food and strolled through Cars Land for a bit longer and ran into Red! He used his siren/horn to play me Happy Birthday!




 
After Cars Land, we went to the pier and just walked around for awhile. We happen to walk by right where Donald Duck came out! He took my hand and walked me over to the Gazebo where he was taking pictures. He put me right in line. It was so fun to walk with him and hold hands! I felt so special! After just a couple other families, it was our turn for pictures. Donald was so silly and we played high fives and he guessed how old I was turning for my birthday! We rode a couple rides that were nearby, King Tritons Carousel and The little Mermaid ride. I really liked the little Mermaid ride!
 






 
We then headed over to Condor Flats. Even though there weren't any rides I was tall enough for, I still loved it. It was a whole airport/hanger themed land and had planes to look at and the stores were full of Planes and Dusty things!
 

 
We were only spending half a day at California Adventure so we didn't spend too much time in one place. We wanted to check out all the areas/lands and see what was there. We saw Doc McStuffins in the Hollywood Land and also rode the Monsters Inc. ride. Lots of fun!
 

 
We left California Adventure at lunch time and headed to our hotel room to take a nap. We had reservations at Goofy's Kitchen for a character dining dinner and we were going to stay and Disneyland for the rest of the night. On our way back to the hotel, we stopped by Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney and had lunch. It was so yummy! Actually, I didn't mind either way but mommy thought it was delicious! She wishes there was an Earl in Washington! After lunch, we went to our room to rest. Thankfully, I did end up falling asleep and mommy was so tired from our trip so far that even she fell asleep for a nap, too! We were really excited about Goofy's Kitchen but we were a little disappointed. The seating locations weren't that great (we were seated at a really small table right by the door) and it was crowded and the characters didn't come around too much. I, of course, didn't care much about the food so I was just being silly and goofing around and even knocked over my plate. Mom and grandpa were really trying to keep their patience but we hurried through the rest of dinner to get to the park. They did bring me a special dessert for my birthday so that was fun. We did learn that Goofy's Kitchen is something that we can skip next time!
 







 
We were excited to be heading into Disneyland for the rest of the evening and since I napped, we planned on staying pretty late. It was fun to be walking into the park at night with all the lights and music and fun. Everything about Disneyland is so wonderful. Just being there with the atmosphere and environment and the people and everything! When we got to the park, we headed to Tomorrowland and went to Autopia! I was so excited to drive my own car! All three of us squished into one car. I thought is was pretty cool to steer all by myself! We then went to Fantasyland to ride Dumbo. We also rode the tea cups a couple times. Definitely one of my favorite rides! And it nice because there is never a line for tea cups!
 

 
After fantasyland, we headed to the Haunted Mansion and to Pirates. We also stopped and rode the Jungle Cruise. Mommy never rode that ride in the dark before and it was really fun! I loved riding in the boat and seeing the animals. About 45 minutes before Fantasmic (we were maybe going to skip it instead of stake out a spot) mommy happened to slip into a good spot so she stayed put and grandpa took me to walk around and to ride Pirates one more time. We found mommy just in time and we got a great view of the show. I wasn't too excited about the whole thing, I was getting a little tired and it was probably sensory overload but I did enjoy most of it. The fire and pirate ships. Mommy was just happy we saw the whole show since we missed out on the fireworks the night before. We took our time getting out of the park, we rode Haunted Mansion again and then strolled back to our room for the night!


No comments:

Post a Comment