Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December 2014

We had a wonderful December! Mostly celebrating Christmas and doing fun things whenever we had a chance. One of the first things we did was go to Snowflake Lane. We met Natalie and Charlotte and we had lots of fun. We always go on a weekday like Monday early in the season so it's not too crowded. We always have fun seeing the characters and watching the drummers and dancing in the snow. They seem to change it slightly every year and we weren't too impressed with how things were set up this season. They had the crowds go into the streets to get closer to the "dance line" instead of stay on the side walks near the drummers. But we decided to stay by the drummers so we could see them up close which meant we couldn't see the dancers. Oh well, hopefully they'll change things back to how they were the previous year.






Grandma, grandpa and mommy took me to get my annual mall Santa photo. It turned out really nice even though below is a horrible camera picture of the screen. They only give you hard copies unless you pay a bunch for a digital copy. We did some fun stuff at the mall afterward like the Disney Store and frozen yogurt.


On Friday the 5th, Mommy and I spent the night at Siena's house. We went down to play and babysit and we had lots of fun! I love my cousin Siena and baby Frankie! We played with all of Siena's fun toys and watched I Love Lucy and ate pizza! It was fun to sleep over and to sleep in Siena's big kid bed! The next morning, we woke up and had to leave fairly early. It was fun to wake up at Siena's house and play for a little before we left. We went straight to the Bellevue Club to celebrate Charlotte's 2nd birthday. Natalie reserved spots for Charlotte and me at the club's Christmas Party. It was super special because Casper Babypants was there to perform a concert. I decided to be quite a stinker and emotional for no reason. I would be perfectly happy and cooperative and then grumpy and cranky all morning. After the concert, Santa arrived and we took some pictures and got candy canes. Afterward, we went to Nana's house for lunch and birthday cupcakes.






The next weekend we went to the Bellevue Nativities. At the church building behind the temple, they have hundreds nativity scenes from all over the world set up and different musical performances. It was a wonderful way to make sure our celebrations focused on Jesus and the true meaning of Christmas. Afterward, we went stopped and Dairy Queen for Blizzards! Yum!




The next morning, there was a children's primary pajama breakfast. When we got there, all the kids went up on stage to dance and sing and "perform" the Nutcracker. We then ate a yummy crepe breakfast and got to go visit Santa. It was fun to celebrate Christmas with all my church friends!


On the last Friday of school before winter break, grandpa "volunteered" to be Santa for mommy's work. Mommy volunteered grandpa for the job awhile ago and grandpa was a very good sport! He did such a wonderful job. Everyone thought he made the best Santa and all the kids loved seeing Santa! Grandpa really was a trooper, he spent 5 hours in the costume indoors and sweating and visiting 8 or 9 different classes. What was really nice was that mommy's work treated them to lunch in the Bistro. Mommy hasn't been able to eat there yet so it was a fun treat! I think grandpa will be lucky enough to be Santa again next year!



We took our annual trip down to Coulon Park for Clam Lights. We ate at Ivar's and mommy got me a milkshake from Kidd Valley. We then walked around the park and along the water to see all the Christmas lights.



Mommy and I went down to Emily's house for our gingerbread house decorating party. I always have so much fun with all my friends. I especially had fun because the weather was decent and I got to play outside for a long time! I was perfectly content for a couple hours playing outside with all the big kids! I was still happily playing when it was time to go and I didn't want to leave!



We had a wonderful time celebrating Christmas! We had a lovely at Nana's on Christmas Eve. We has pizza for dinner which was super easy and casual and then we just spent the evening talking. It was an extra special Christmas eve because Nana finally brought back Christmas stockings! When mom was little, all the kids and grandkids got stockings at Nana's and Santa filled them with lots of special things. Mommy always remembers an orange and cream soda at the bottom of her stocking. When she got older and all the grandkids got bigger, Nana stopped doing stockings. There were many reasons but mommy blamed her big cousins for being too silly and trying to hang them on the ceiling. Anyways, every year for the past few years mommy always made a big deal to Nana about how much she missed the stockings and what a wonderful memory it was. Nana must have finally felt guilty enough and she surprised everyone with new stockings! Mommy thinks she finally talked nana into it by saying how much the great-grandchildren were missing out on special memories! Mommy was close to drying because of how happy she was! That was the best Christmas surprise!

We woke up on Christmas morning and daddy even came over to be with us to open presents. Santa was very good to me this year! He brought me the planes I've been asking for and Magnatiles and a new Big Boy Bed! Complete with Planes Bedding! How special! I got so many wonderful things from my family and it was so fun to see everyone else open their gifts. Santa had a very special surprise for mommy, a new bike! It's a cute turquoise beach cruiser bike and now we can ride bikes together!

We had yummy cinnabon cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then went to Nana's for the rest of the day. Santa filled our special stockings with soda and yummy oranges and candy and lotto tickets! Nana and Grandpa Dick got me a new doctor's kit and spiderman racecars. We had a fun day playing games and eating lots of food! Mommy felt perfectly fine pretty much all day but suddenly started not feeling well later in the evening. Just got a stuffy, runny, sneezy nose that came on very suddenly so we went home and went straight to bed!




The day after Christmas, we had plans to ride the ducks in Seattle. Mommy and I had to miss it last year so we were really excited to go this year. Well, mommy ended up being really sick in the morning and all day long! She had a fever and cold yuckiness and was super tired and barely got out of bed. We think she had the flu! She was sad to miss our fun evening but she was really happy that I still got to go. Grandpa and grandpa took me to meet Natalie, Henry and Charlotte. We had so much fun. What a special treat from Uncle Henry to take us all out for a fun trip! I really enjoyed riding the ducks and seeing the Christmas lights and the music and everything. We really enjoyed it and after the ducks we rode the carousal in downtown Seattle.

Over the weekend, we went to daddy's house to celebrate Christmas. We had a lovely time and it was fun to open gifts with them! We gave Grandpa Mikey a personalized luggage tag with my photo and some scotchmallows, and we made Grandpa Ali a wall calendar with pictures of me. They loved their presents! They also spoiled me with some fun new toys, a big Jake pirate ship and lots of new Duplos!

On New Years Eve, we went out to Mike and Cindy's house. We had a yummy dinner and Charlotte and I had fun playing with toys while everyone played a fun new dice game called Tensies. We went outside to do Pop-its and Uncle Mike came outside for awhile to shoot the potato gun with me. That was so much fun and really exciting! It was so loud and a fun way to celebrate the New Year! I was acting and feeling just fine until our car ride home around 10pm. I wasn't really acting sick but I kept saying that I was super cold and I was barely able to stay awake on our ride home. We went straight to bed when we got home and mommy thought I was warm and coming down with a fever. Mommy was assuming I was coming down with the flu bug she had a few days earlier but was hopeful it wouldn't be too bad. She got over her flu in just about 2 days. Oh well, we still had a fun New years eve and mommy was just happy that I wasn't sick on Christmas or any other important time. No better time to be sick than at a time when we can just stay home and snuggle and watch movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment